Spectrum Health West Michigan
Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Blodgett marks 10 years
June 29, 2021
Grand Rapids, Mich., June 29, 2021 – The Spectrum Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center (IRC) at Blodgett Hospital marked its 10th anniversary this month.
Here are five things to know about the IRC:
- It opened June 28, 2011, with 12 available beds and has since expanded to 42 beds. On an average day, the IRC has 36 patients.
- Patient satisfaction of the overall rehabilitation program is 96.1%, based on Medtel outcomes.
- 5% of IRC patients discharge to their homes, compared to approximately 80% in the region and nation.
- The unit is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for stroke, brain injury and amputation.
- 76% of team members hold advanced certification in the field of rehabilitation.
“For 10 years we have helped patients recovering from stroke, major surgery, injuries from car crashes and other traumas or illnesses return to their daily lives and the activities they enjoy,” said Patrick Mullan, D.O., Spectrum Health section chief for physical medicine and rehabilitation. “The high levels of patient satisfaction reflect our expertise in rehabilitation, along with the IRC’s specialized equipment and advanced technology.”
About Spectrum Health
Spectrum Health is a not-for-profit health system that provides care and coverage, comprising 31,000+ team members, 14 hospitals (including Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital), a robust network of care facilities, teams of nationally recognized doctors and providers, and the nation’s third-largest provider-sponsored health plan, Priority Health, currently serving over 1 million members across the state of Michigan.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Locally governed and headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, we are focused on our mission: to improve health, inspire hope and save lives. Spectrum Health has a legacy of strong community partnerships, philanthropy and transparency. Through experience, innovation and collaboration, we are reimagining a better, more equitable model of health and wellness.