Donate Blood on Feb. 20 and Enter to Win a Romantic Traverse City Getaway Weekend
Michigan Community Blood Centers (MCBC) will hold their blood drive with Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital and Spectrum Health Evart Clinic on Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008. The blood bus will be at the hospital from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. It will then make its way to the community of Evart where it will be parked at the Evart Clinic on the corner of 95th Avenue and US-10 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
MCBC is offering a special promotion for registered donors age 21 and older. Donate the gift of life by giving blood on Feb. 20th and you might win a Traverse City weekend getaway.
- Only one entry per person at any blood drive in the 7-county MCBC-Northwest service area
- Must be 21 years or older as of March 1, 2008 and complete entry form at registration to be eligible
- $175 certificate toward a night’s stay at The Inn at Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay
- $100 certificate toward a purchase at Federico’s Design Jewelers in Traverse City
- A dozen red roses from The Flower Station in Traverse City (Additional charges may apply, i.e. delivery-see store for details)
There is no substitute for human blood. Everyone has it and needs it-to carry nutrients and oxygen throughout the body; to carry carbon dioxide and other waste back to lungs, kidneys, and liver; to fight against infection and to help heal wounds. When people lose blood or can’t produce enough, their lives may depend on volunteer blood donors. There are a variety of reasons that people need blood: cancer, heart and blood vessel disease, diseases of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract as well as emergencies. Don’t wait-give the gift of life on Feb. 20, 2008.