Community, Gerber Memorial Hospital
Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial support groups go virtual
May 28, 2020
Fremont, Mich., May 12, 2020 – Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial will hold its May support group meetings virtually as a way to continue supporting patients and their families while promoting greater convenience and social distancing.
Participants can join these free sessions remotely using a smartphone, tablet, laptop, personal computer or with a telephone conference line.
- For the cancer support group on Wednesday, May 13, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Online: bit.ly/3cajCvj, then click: “Join on the web instead” to enter the meeting.
- By phone: dial 1-616-773-2109, then enter, #683 166 833#.
- For Parkinson’s support group on Thursday, May 21, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Online: https://bit.ly/3druViZ, then click: “Join on the web instead” to enter the meeting.
- By phone: dial 1-616-773-2109, then enter #131 094 274#.
- For Alzheimer’s support group on Thursday, May 28, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Online: https://bit.ly/35EOHVe, then click: “Join on the web instead” to enter the meeting.
- By phone: dial 1-616-773-2109, then enter #140 947 700#.
For participants joining online, copy and paste the link into the browser to enter the sessions.
“Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial is pleased to bring our support group sessions directly to patients, their families and caregivers,” said Shelly Klochak, RN, and facilitator of Gerber Memorial’s support groups. “Like all Spectrum Health facilities, Gerber Memorial is going above and beyond to maximize safety and cleanliness at all our locations. At the same time, we want people be able to share their experiences, be inspired and connect with others without leaving their homes.”
Gerber Memorial will announce in coming weeks whether the cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s support group sessions in June will be held virtually.
Spectrum Health System, a not-for-profit, integrated health system, is committed to improving the health and wellness of our communities. We live our mission every day with 31,000 compassionate professionals, 4,600 medical staff experts, 3,300 committed volunteers and a health plan serving 1 million members. Our talented physicians and caregivers are privileged to offer a full continuum of care and wellness services to our communities through 14 hospitals, including Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, 150 ambulatory sites and telehealth offerings. We pursue health care solutions for today and tomorrow that diversify our offerings. Locally-governed and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, our health system provided $585 million in community benefit in fiscal year 2019. Thanks to the generosity of our communities, we received $30 million in philanthropy in the most recent fiscal year to support research, academics, innovation and clinical care. Spectrum Health has been recognized as one of the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics®, part of IBM Watson HealthTM.