Community, COVID-19, Pennock Hospital
Spectrum Health Pennock Changes Radiology, Rehab and Lab Services to Support COVID-19
March 18, 2020
HASTINGS, Mich., March 18, 2020 – Spectrum Health Pennock announced that it is limiting outpatient rehab services at Hastings and Gun Lake locations. Pennock is also cancelling all non-essential diagnostic exams, while most labs remain open at this time.
OUTPATIENT REHAB: Rehab services will be significantly scaled back and staff are calling people with appointments to postpone or reschedule. These changes are effective from Tuesday, March 17 through March 29, and will be evaluated weekly. Gun Lake Rehab will be closed during this time frame, moving essential visits to Hastings. For more information, contact rehab in Hastings at 269.948.3111.
LAB: Most Spectrum Health Pennock labs remain open to the public at this time. For more information, contact 269.945.3451.
- The hospital lab maintains hours of Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays, 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- State Street Center Lab is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Lab services at Pennock Family Medicine – Lake Odessa remain open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lab services at Integrated Care Campus – Ionia remain open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Draw lab at Pennock Family Medicine – Gun Lake is closed.
DIAGNOSTIC: Spectrum Health Pennock is cancelling all non-urgent outpatient diagnostic exams, including screening mammograms, MRIs, CT scans and other services. These changes are effective from Tuesday, March 17 through Tuesday, March 31. Walk in x-ray patients are asked to visit State Street Center or our Integrated Care Campus – Ionia instead of coming to the hospital. Changes to other Pennock sites include:
- Pennock Radiology at Gun Lake and Lake Odessa are closed until March 31.
- Pennock Radiology at Integrated Care Campus – Ionia will remain open Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ultrasound will close.
- Pennock Radiology at State Street Center will see patients for x-rays only Monday through Fridays, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Diagnostic mammograms, breast ultrasounds and breast biopsies, as well as procedures ordered as urgent, will continue to be performed at the hospital. Hours will vary for different services. For questions, contact: 269.948.3108.
Patients with scheduled non-urgent appointments, procedures or surgeries during this time will be contacted by their provider(s) regarding next steps. If you have questions, please call your physician’s office.
Individuals are asked to call their doctor if they are experiencing symptoms, or the Spectrum Health COVID-19 hotline at 616.391.2380 to schedule a free phone screening. If your symptoms are life-threatening, call 911.
Spectrum Health is a not-for-profit health system that provides care and coverage, comprising 31,000+ team members, 14 hospitals (including Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital), a robust network of care facilities, teams of nationally recognized doctors and providers, and the nation’s third-largest provider-sponsored health plan, Priority Health, currently serving over 1 million members across the state of Michigan. People are at the heart of everything we do. Locally governed and headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, we are focused on our mission: to improve health, inspire hope and save lives. Spectrum Health has a legacy of strong community partnerships, philanthropy and transparency. Through experience, innovation and collaboration, we are reimagining a better, more equitable model of health and wellness.
Marketing and Communications