Spectrum Health Medical Group
Spectrum Health Primary Care Practices Receive 2006 Governor’s Award of Excellence
All 11 of Spectrum Health’s Primary Care Partners offices have received the 2006 Governor’s Award of Excellence for Improving Care in the Ambulatory Care Setting. Primary Care Partners are primary care physician practices owned and operated by Spectrum Health.
The award acknowledges excellence in health care quality and safety. The 2006 award marks the sixth year that the Governor and MPRO, Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (QIO), have honored physician offices statewide.
“Recipients of this award are committed to providing Michigan citizens with high-quality health care services,” said Governor Jennifer Granholm. The Governor added, “Together we will continue to improve the long term health of citizens by focusing on strategies to protect public health.”
“We are very proud to see the staff at every Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners office recognized for their dedication to ensuring high quality patient care,” said John Byrnes, M.D., senior vice president, system quality, Spectrum Health. “Quality patient care is a top priority and we are pleased it is an issue that continues to be of importance to Governor Granholm.”
Byrnes also noted that the PCP offices ranked in the 90th percentile in 12 out of 12 quality measures, based on national benchmarks used by Priority Health in its physicians quality program.
The award honors Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners for its commitment to continuously improving preventive health services. Award criterion focused on improving preventive health care services and screenings, and the management of chronic conditions. Clinical areas addressed included:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Failure
- Screening for Breast and Colon Cancer
Following is a list of Spectrum Health’s 11 Primary Care Partners practices:
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Alpine Center Internal Medicine, Pediatrics & Family Practice
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Applewood Family Practice
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Campustowne Family Practice
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Grandville Family Practice
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Grandville Internal Medicine
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Kalamazoo Center Internal Medicine
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Kentwood Family Practice
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – South Pavilion Internal Medicine
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Southeast Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Sparta Family Practice
- Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners – Summit Park Center Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
Spectrum Health is a not-for-profit health system in West Michigan that offers a full continuum of care through its seven hospitals, more than 140 service sites and 585,000-member health plan, Priority Health. Spectrum Health’s 13,000 employees, 1,400 medical staff members and 2,000 volunteers are committed to delivering the highest quality care to those in medical need. The organization provided more than $100 million in community benefit during its 2006 fiscal year. Spectrum Health has earned more than 50 national awards during the past 10 years.